Thursday 6 February 2014

My 2014 Day Planner

I love lists and having a schedule I can stick to. Sometimes, more often then not, I end up changing my plans around anyway. But none the less, I still like to plan. Late December I was introduced to the Day Designer by Whitney English. It is absolutely stunning and I fell head over heels in love with it. But...shipping to Australia costs a fortune :-( So, instead I ordered a Moleskin Daily Diary in Red (Eeep!!). Classic Ruby Red! I found it on larrypost.com.au which has some of the cutest little gifts you can mail! It's bound incredibly well and I really didn't want something that I will be carrying backwards and forwards to uni everyday to fall apart. It comes with stickers as well as a small, tabbed notebook for any spur-of-the-moment ideas and notes!

Written on each page are times (from 8 to 10) a well as the date, and week of the year. However, I wanted to make it more organised for my everyday planner. So each Sunday evening, I rule the pages for next week in half and allocate the left for scheduled events and the right for my to-do list/things to remember. Below this is room for food and exercise notes as well as 'things due'. I have also ruled off the bottom two lines of the page which I am planning on using as a 'download' or 'daily gratitude' space (an idea from the 'day designer'). Here I will write one awesome thing that happened to me that day!

 I'm hoping that this new system will help keep me and my rather busy life in order. Although it means I will have to allocate a time each Sunday to prepare for the next week, I think it will be important that I do this, putting my thoughts and plans in order before I tackle the week head-on!

Love, TVT (The Vintage Typewriter)

1 comment:

  1. I like your planner. It's very cute. I'm trying to decide what I want for 2015. It's hard to decide. :)

    ReplyDelete